Why study at the University of Limerick?
- The University of Limerick has been named 'University of the Year 2015 in the Sunday Times Good University Guide. UL’s leading position in graduate employability, strong research commercialisation, the €52million Bernal Project in science and engineering and a rising academic performance were among the reasons for the Award.
- In a recent International Student Barometer™ survey, the University of Limerick was voted as the number one university in providing the Best Student Experience, Best Student Support and Warmest Welcome in Ireland. Across the four surveyed categories of ‘Living’, ‘Support’, ‘Arrival’ and ‘Learning’, UL was voted as having the best overall Living Experience in Ireland and the 5th in the world. UL also scored first out of 238 institutions world-wide in the categories of ‘Social Activities’, ‘Opportunities to experience Irish Culture’, ‘Social Facilities’, ‘Accommodation Office’ and ‘Clubs & Societies’.
- UL Graduates are 18% more likely to be employed than any other Irish University Graduates
- UL has an excellent Student Support Network with many supportive initiatives in place including a dedicated international student support officer, a Buddy programme and free academic support centres
- With over 70 clubs and societies, there is something for everyone at UL
UL has close links with industry from undergraduate to postdoctoral level. The University runs one of the largest cooperative education (internship) programmes in the European Union. Cooperative education at UL is undertaken as an integral part of the academic programme. UL has an established network of over 1,700 cooperative education employers, and 2,000 undergraduate placements are secured annually in industry, commerce and the public service. Students are placed in Ireland and internationally, primarily in North America, Europe and South East Asia. Employer contributions to the programme amount to €20 million annually.
The University of Limerick offers a generous number of scholarships to international students.
Faculty of Science and Engineering Scholarships
Kemmy Business School International Scholarships
Kemmy Business School India Scholarships
University of Limerick Foundation Entrance Scholarships
Faculty of Arts, Humanities and Social Sciences Scholarships
UL International Aircraft Maintenance and Operations Scholarships
Jim Kemmy India Scholarships